Tapas are more than just a recipe, it’s a way of life – known for being great summer starters. With summer in the air, we are having a tapas week at iDealwine! Keep an eye on the blog for a new, classic Spanish tapas recipe every day, to enjoy with a good rosé or chilled white wine.
Serves 3 people
- 4 eggs
- ½ kilogram of potatoes, with firm flesh
- 1 medium onion
- Olive oil
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into fairly thin slices or dice finely.
- Cut onion into julienne.
- In a deep frying pan, pour olive oil and allow it to heat a little. Then add the potatoes and onion.
- Maintain medium heat to cook the potatoes and onion. Set aside to remove excess oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they become foamy.
- Add the potatoes and onion and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and pour in the contents of the bowl.
- Cook until the mixture starts to boil.
- Place a large plate on top of the stove and then with a quick movement, turn the pan to flip the tortilla into the plate.
- Slide the tortilla from the plate to the pan to cook the other side.
- Allow to cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
These tortillas can be served warm or cold.
Access the current iDealwine sales
Tapas Week – All six recipes: