Bordeaux: Cos d’Estournel buys back Château Pomys in Saint-Estèphe

Château Cos d’Estournel’s owner has just acquired the neighbouring Château Pomys, once owned by Louis Gaspard d’Estournel. The acquisition is part of a vision to recreate the original complex.

Businessman Michel Reybier, owner of Château Cos d’Estournel, a number of hotels and spas, and other vineyards in Champagne and Hungary (Tokaji), has just bought a new property- Château Pomys in Saint-Estèphe.

The chateau lies a few hundred metres from the Cos d’Estournel estate and its acquisition is part of   « Cos d’Estournel’s heritage plans. The purchase of Château Pomys pays tribute to the property’s history and means we can recreate the architectural complex as its founder intended » the new owner explained in a press release. « Louis Gaspard d’Estournel, known as the Maharajah of Saint Estèphe, inherited Château Pomys in 1791.  Pomys was his residence, whereas Cos was given over to winegrowing « , he continued.

Château Pomys has 12 hectares of land, a hotel and a restaurant.  Since 1951, the property had belonged to the Arnaud family.

« By reuniting the two main parts of the domaine, the property can be returned to its original form with Cos d’Estournel as a palace for winemaking and Pomys as the founder’s welcoming home”.

 

Read further on iDealwine Le Blog:

See all wines currently on sale

Register here to access auctions and fixed-price sales

 

0 Partages

Tags:

  • Show Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

  • name *

  • email *

  • website *

You May Also Like

iDealwine in confinement

We're taking a moment to reflect on iDealwine's founding values. A message from our CEO, Cyrille Jomand.

christophe delorme

Christophe Delorme of La Mordorée dies at age 52

Christophe Delorme, head of domaine La Mordorée (Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Tavel and Lirac), suddenly passed away on the 9th of June at ...

Domaine Billaud-Salmon | The Faiveleys’ fine Chablis

A fine Chablis domain now run by one of Burgundy's most prestigious merchant houses.