Tapas are more than just a recipe, it’s a way of life – known for being great summer starters. With summer in the air, we are having a tapas week at iDealwine! Keep an eye on the blog for a new, classic Spanish tapas recipe every day, to enjoy with a good rosé or chilled white wine.
Tapas week – Patatas Bravas (spicy potatoes)
Serves 4 people
- 4 large potatoes, with firm flesh
- ½ onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cayenne peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Olive oil
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water.
- Chop the onion, garlic and peppers.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onion until it becomes transparent.
- Then add garlic and peppers. When the garlic becomes golden brown, remove from heat and add the paprika. Stir over low heat.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Add sugar and salt.
- Dissolve the flour in half a glass of water and pour into the sauce. Mix well and cover with water. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar. Pour the sauce into a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth sauce without any pieces.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool to room temperature. Peel and cut into pieces of about two centimetres.
- In a pan, fry the potato pieces in hot oil.
- Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Put the potatoes in a plate or bowl and pour the sauce over.
Access the current iDealwine sales
Tapas Week – All six recipes:
Pan Con Tomate (Tomato on Toasted Bread)
Patatas Bravas (spicy potatoes)