A great series of rare and mature wines from Château d’Yquem featured in the auction closed on the 12th October on iDealwine. A great opportunity to showcase the potential of fine Sauternes in the very long term…
Wines of Château d’Yquem where indeed honoured in this sale with bids arising from many parts of the world, mainly from France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, the US and Mexico. This international battles led to record prices for the most iconic vintages. The legendary 1945, sold for example for €4,080 a bottle, +57% compared to its estimate. The 1908 reached €2,880, the 1914, €3,120 and the 1937 sold for €2,640. The 1947, one of the vintages of the century in Bordeaux, was sold to a Mexican buyer for €2,340.
The first growth from Sauternes was obviously not the only one to grab all the attention and a few other sweet wines were also buoyant like this bottle of Château d’Arche 1906, Cuvée Crème de Tête, that fetched €2,760 and the Suduiraut 1929, another vintage of the century, went under the hammer for €1,920.
Lookup a price estimate for a wine
Read further on iDealwine Le Blog:
- Auction Report: September, Clos Rougeard breaks more world records
- Auction Report 10 & 31 August: summer trends
- Auction Report 20 July: collectable Côte de Nuits from Noellat and Clair-Dau
- Auction Report 15 June: mature vintages from top Burgundy estates on the rise
- Auction Report 1 June: marked success for the big names from the Rhône
- Auction Report 25 May: Top Alsace & Rhône: La Chapelle 1961
See all wines currently on sale
Register here to access auctions and fixed-price sales