As was the case in previous years, a charity auction is organised on iDealwine as part of the Bordeaux Tasting wine show, with the funds collected going to the Bergonié hospital. The Saint-Julien appellation’s flagship properties are offering excellent bottles, often in large formats.
It has become something of a tradition: every year, for the Bordeaux Tasting event, Terre de Vins (in partnership with an appellation – this year, Saint-Julien), organizes a charity auction on the iDealwine site. This year, the funds collected will be donated to Bergonié hospital, which supports a cancer research centre in the South-West.
From 3rd-14th December, you will be able to bid on the sumptuous bottles, magnums, imperials, and even jeroboams from the Saint-Julien appellation. What’s even better is that the bottles come directly from the domain; we imagine that these bottles will very easily find their way onto your Christmas dining tables this year…
You will have the chance to buy some of the best wines from Saint-Julien:
- Château Léoville-Barton 2012 (bottles)
- Château Langoa Barton 2009 (bottles)
- Château Beychevelle 2009 (double magnum) and 2010 (jeroboam)
- Château Branaire-Ducru 2010 (imperial) and 2005 (double magnum)
- Château Lagrange 2013 (bottle)
- Château La Fleur Lauga 2015 (magnum)
- Château Gruaud-Larose 1995 (bottle)
- Château du Glana 2014 (bottle)
- Château Moulin de la Rose 2012 (magnum)
- Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse 2009 (bottle) – the property was asked for a bottle as some of their vines are in the Saint-Julien AOC.
- Château Talbot 2011 (double magnum)
- Château Teynac 2009 (magnum)
- Château Corconnac 2009 (magnum)
- Château Léoville Poyferré 2012 (magnum) and 2007 (double magnum)
- Château Gloria 2015 (double magnum)
- Château Saint-Pierre 2015 (double magnum)
- Château La Bridane 2016 (bottle)
As well as these wines, iDealwine is offering a mystery wine, if you’re feeling adventurous. It’s a double magnum, and of course, an excellent wine. Trust us!
As with all of the auctions on the iDealwine platform, with every lot bought, buyers fees of 21.6% are added to the hammer price. The entire sum of the sale (including iDealwine’s fees) will be donated to the Bergonié hospital. Now is therefore the time to support medical research by showing your generosity and snapping up a good bottle! For those of you who will be at the Bordeaux Tasting, the cheque with the total amount raised during this auction will be given over on Sunday.