Discover the 2019 and 2020 vintages from Bordeaux – two brilliant years – which will only get better with time. As opposed to other recent vintages vintages, many of these wines can be enjoyed now, even though they have excellent ageing potential.
5 Bordeaux legends
It is always time to acquire (if you haven’t already done so) a legendary Bordeaux wine.
- Château Cheval Blanc 2019: Given a perfect score twice – 100/100 (Wine Advocate and James Suckling)
- Château Lafite Rothschild 2019: A legendary Pauillac, also awarded 100/100 twice (Wine Advocate and James Suckling)
- Château d’Yquem 2019 (available as a half-bottle, bottle, magnum or Imperial): Probably the greatest Sauternes!
- Château l’Évangile 2020: Without a doubt, the best Pomerol wine in a classic classification, perfectly balanced.
- Château Pontet-Canet 2019 or 2020: Certified biodynamic since 2010, the wine has all the characteristics of a great Pauillac – concentrated and complex aromas of cedar and black fruits.
5 Bordeaux less than €20
Here is a fantastic selection of delicious Bordeaux for less than €20, to open now or in a few years’ time:
- Château Ampélia 2019 (€10.80 when buying 6 bottles)
- Château de Carles 2020 (€12.60 when buying 6 bottles)
- Château Belle-Vue 2020 (€17)
- Château Haut-Bergey 2020 (€18)
- Château Lilian Ladouys 2019 (€18.50)
3 2020 bottles awarded 100/100!
At the end of February, wine critic Antonio Galloni (Vinous) released his notes for the 2020 Bordeaux vintage. He gave the highest score – 100/100 – to three of our partner domains:
- Château Canon (a few magnums remain…)
- Château Pavie-Macquin (available as both bottles and magnums)
- Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion (available as both bottles and magnums)