Head to the iconic medieval town of Saint-Emilion, home to grand crus, Merlot and Cabernet Franc (and Cabernet Sauvignon)! There you’ll find an historic property where vines have grown since 1700 which owns a variety of extraordinary terroirs in an ideal location. We are, of course, talking about Château Troplong Mondot, a unique Saint-Emilion premier grand cru classé B.
We are delighted to be able to (re)introduce you to this fantastic estate and its vines in a new virtual tasting masterclass. It will take place in English on 4th October 2023 from 7pm to 8pm CEST (UTC +2). Sign up for this event (places are limited) and spend an evening with us and our host, Ferréol du Fou, the property’s commercial director, who will also be able to answer any questions you may have.
Today, the 43 hectares of vineyards are largely made up of old vines and enjoy perfect exposure as well as natural drainage thanks to its position at the highest point in Saint-Emilion. The regularly reviewed Saint-Emilion classification named Château Troplong Mondot as a premier grand cru classé B in 2006 and reconfirmed this position in 2012 and 2022.
You would like to know a little more about this property? We have a dedicated article that you can read.
What wines will be tasted?
The virtual tasting box is composed of three 60ml bottles containing:
- Château Troplong Mondot 2020
- Château Troplong Mondot 2016
- Château Troplong Mondot 2006
How do I sign up?
Reserving your spot is simple:
– Secure your place by purchasing the box. Order it as early as possible using the Chronopost shipping option, ideally before 19 September for the UK and before 24 September for the EU to receive it before the event.
– You will then receive a confirmation email that your place is reserved and the day before the event, the link to access the masterclass will be sent to you. Make sure to check your Spam folder; sometimes our emails like to play hide and seek.
You’re not free on 4 October but you would really like to try these wonderful wines? Don’t worry, iDealwine has thought of everything. You can watch the masterclass afterwards via a YouTube link.
We look forward to seeing you at this virtual tasting!
PLEASE NOTE: This masterclass is reserved for those who live in a European country that iDealwine delivers to.
The event will be recorded, and we may share it our social media once the masterclass has finished. If you have any questions, please contact us.