This week has brought the unfortunate confirmation that taxes on wine imported to the US will be upheld. For wine lovers – private and professional buyers alike – in the US, and for the wine industry as a whole, the added 25% on certain bottles is not welcome news. However, all is not lost! Here are our top reasons for ordering with us, and some tips for how it all works.
- As an online seller of mature wines, we are able to ship directly with no intermediaries.
- The ‘Trump tax’ doesn’t actually apply to ALL wines! Bottles with over 14% alcohol, as well as Champagne and Italian wines, don’t fall into the taxed category. We have a special filter for this on the site so that you can choose to see only the bottles that won’t be taxed!
- The 20% VAT added on the French side can be refunded, depending on the bottle bought. Again, we have a filter for this at iDealwine, and you’ll find it at the bottom of ‘Advanced Search’ on the left hand side.
- We have an exceptional shipping service and we deliver to all states! Whilst order preparation can sometimes take a little while, once the boxes are shipped they’ll be with you in around 3-4 days. Plus, we use protective packaging designed especially for transporting wine, so there’s no need to worry about damage from heat or movement.
- When you order a box of 12 bottles, our shipping costs work out at a very reasonable $9 per bottle. You can find the full details about delivery fees here.
- To make things as easy as we can for you, we have made it possible to pay directly in dollars. You can also change the currency displayed whilst you browse the site. Just click on the grey globe and change the currency on the drop-down menu.
- As France’s top wine auction house, the range of fine cuvées we have on offer is unmatched and backed by 20 years of experience in curating exceptional selections. Each bottle that we source is evaluated by our expertise team and kept in optimal conditions in our warehouses.
- We offer a bespoke service. Our team is with you every step of the way to answer queries and offer any advice you seek. Our customer service is English-speaking and they can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, using this form, or by telephone. We have a toll-free US number, though please note that our team works French hours only (9-6 EST). For night owls in New York, that means you can reach us directly 9am till 12 noon at (+1) 646-513-4308. Outside these hours, please contact us via email.