No rest at iDealwine during the summer… the auction opened until 27 July includes some new temptations, as well the classics from top appellations: great Bordeaux wines including acclaimed 1961 vintage, the most legendary Burgundies and matured Rhône and Loire, as well as an abundance of affordable bottles with many reserve prices starting at €1.
In Burgundy, we feature an eclectic selection: In the North, you can find a superb Chablis 1er cru Forest René from domaine Dauvissat 2012 (estimate €45), or a Chablis Grand Cru Valmur from Raveneau 2005 (estimate €45). In the South a lot of 2 Mâcons Pierreclos le Chavigne from Guffens 2003 for €100. In côte de Nuits, difficult to know where to start… in Gevrey, two interpretations of Charmes-Chambertin: Geantet-Pansiot 2006 (estimate €100) and Dugat-Py 1993 (estimate €240). You want to dream? Access the Chambertin 1992 from Armand Rousseau… In Morey, you can go for the famous Clos de la Roche 2006 from domaine Dujac (estimate €260) or the iconic Clos de Tart 1999 (estimate €250). Note also the legendary Musigny from Frédéric Mugnier in the 1989 vintage and Romanée-Saint-Vivant from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti 1982. In Beaune, don’t miss the great wines featured such as Chassagne 1er cru Les Vergets 2013 from Ramonet (estimate €70), the ulltimate reference from Corton Charlemagne, Bonneau du Martray 2004 (€110), rather reasonable for such an icon and 4 Montrachets: Louis Jadot 1997 (€240), Olivier Leflaive 1999 (€220), Comtes Lafon 1997 (€850), or domaine Leroy 1969 (€1,800).
In Bordeaux, the “Firsts”and « super second » are present in numbers and with many vintages – ready to drink bottles, as well as those that require further cellaring. Old vintages are particularly abundant and you’ll also find many 1961, an exceptional vintage with a small yield (Pichon, Giscours, Ausone…).
There are many lots of one, three, six and 12 bottles of Château Lafite Rothschild, Mouton Rothschild, Haut-Brion, Margaux, Latour and Yquem. Finally, there are also some affordable bottles with no reserve prices, such as the Mouton Rothschild 1979, Pontet-Canet 2005, Bouscaut 1996, Bastor Lamontagne 2004…
This auction also features some great Champagnes, mostly vintage. There is a jeoroboam of Cristal Roederer 1999 (€1,500) and a methuselah 1990 (€7,000), a Dom Pérignon oenoothèque 1985, Dom Ruinart Rosé 1996…
In the Loire, you will find a wide range from Clos Rougeard, Silex from Dagueneau 2012, Philippe Alliet, Huet Le Haut Lieu 1989 and more.
The selection from the Rhône is also very diverse, with Châteauneuf-du-Pape, La Janasse, Domaine du Pegaü (double magnum Da Capo 2007), Clos Saint-Jean (magnum), Clos des Papes and Rayas. You’ll also find lots from Hermitage l’Ermite of Chapoutier, Côte-Rôtie of Guigal, Côtes du Rhône of Château de Fonsalette…
In Alsace, you will have the opportunity to acquire some impressive wines, such as a Riesling Grand Cru Rangen de Thann of Zind-Humbrecht 2005.
Access the catalogue:
- 09:30am | Non French Wines 1887-2014
- 10:00am | Misc. French Wines 1952-2014
- 10:30am | Loire 1959-2014
- 11:00am | Champagne 1964-2011
- 11:30am | Rhone 1961-2004
- 12:00pm | Rhone 2005-2014
- 12:30pm | Burgundy 1969-2014
- 01:00pm | Burgundy 1959-2000
- 01:30pm | Burgundy 2001-2014
- 02:00pm | Bordeaux 1920-1974
- 02:30pm | Bordeaux 1975-1982
- 03:00pm | Bordeaux 1983-1991
- 03:30pm | Bordeaux 1992-1999
- 04:00pm | Bordeaux 2000-2003
- 04:30pm | Bordeaux 2004-2005
- 05:00pm | Bordeaux 2006-2013
- 05:30pm | Bordeaux 1928-2012
- Auction Report 15th June: mature vintages from top Burgundy estates on the rise
- Auction Report 1st June: marked success for the big names from the Rhône
- Auction Report 25th May: Top Alsace & Rhône: La Chapelle 1961
- Auction Report 17th May: Daguenau grabs headline
- Auction Report 27th April: 1966 vintage and Yquem
- Auction Report 13th April: stagnant Bordeaux & Burgundy
See all wines currently on sale
Register here to access auctions and fixed-price sales